2ULaundry and LaundroLab are on a mission to create time for the world to focus on the things that matter most - and that probably isn’t laundry! We’re a rapidly growing startup that is rewriting the rules around this time-consuming task by building two complementary brands. With our convenient pick-up and drop-off service and modern, inviting laundromats, we provide people with an effortless and convenient solution to laundry and dry cleaning to give them back time because as we all know, time is valuable.
The HR Generalist Role:
As 2ULaundry x LaundroLab continues to grow, we have a multitude of new and exciting HR priorities that will allow for creativity and innovation. We are seeking a true benefits and compliance specialist to help support the implementation of a wide range of upcoming initiatives. This jack of all trades will support the day to day functions of our HR team, including multi-state compliance in payroll and on-boarding, employee relations inquiries, and special project work. This person is highly collaborative, driven, and comfortable with navigating new landscapes as we grow. Are you up for the challenge?
This role directly reports to our Senior HR Manager.
Who is the ideal HR Generalist
- Resourceful: You've been an HR jack of all trades, running it all, and you're looking to join a team with more support.
- Driven: A self-starter who is result-oriented, resourceful, innovative, intellectually curious, and who takes initiative and risks. Knows what needs to be done and makes it happen without much direction.
- Innovative: Finds solutions by thinking outside the box and isn’t limited in only looking at candidates who traditionally check every box. Knows the importance of transferable skills and doesn’t let “how it’s always been done” stop them from trying new things.
- Analytical: Establishes and owns KPIs for the function and is obsessive about meeting those goals.
- Passionate: Cares about the company’s mission, the team culture, and strives to find the best culture fit for each role. Understands there is more than one way to accomplish a goal and is not interested in checking a box or closing a requisition until we find the right fit for our team and our needs.
- Organized: Able to manage multiple requisitions at various levels and across multiple departments without losing the details.
- Collaborative: Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels and keep them organized and moving forward.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities of the HR Generalist role?
- Administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, weekly multi-state payroll, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
- Own employee onboarding and orientation, including HRIS setup and benefits administration
- Handle employment-related inquiries from employees
- Manage employment expansion into new states
- Attend, participate in, or lead employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Manage the termination and off-boarding process for all employees, including performing exit interviews and serve as the primary point of contact for post-employment activities - COBRA, employment verifications, unemployment claims, etc
- Reporting on feedback as appropriate
- Maintain accuracy of employee records in Rippling, our HRIS system, and Deputy, our timekeeping system, including owning all reporting requests
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes as it relates human resources
- Various HR quarterly projects and initiatives
What are the requirements for the HR Generalist role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with a track record of managing compliance and benefits administration in a growing company
- Multi-state payroll experience strongly preferred
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and strong ability to multitask, including managing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, high-growth, ambiguous, start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Experience with optimizing processes or unlocking efficiencies with tools and technology. Experience with Rippling or other similar HRIS preferred
- Willingness to take on any task to support the needs and growth of the company (i.e., no task is too big or small).
What are the perks of being the HR Generalist?
- Ability to get in on the ground floor and have a significant impact at one of Charlotte’s fastest growing companies
- Opportunities to grow in the marketing field
- Direct and regular access to thought leaders in the startup, franchising, and laundry industries
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k, and an Employee Assistance Program
- FREE Telehealth program for all employees and their dependents (regardless of tenure)
- Unlimited PTO policy that our employees actually use!
- Working with a supportive, driven team working to build our startup into a nationally recognized brand
- Free laundry!
2ULaundry and LaundroLab are equal opportunity employers. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment representative of a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Employment is decided solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.