2ULaundry is on a mission to give people time back to do what matters most in life. We merge next-generation logistics technology, an innovative cleaning process, and an old-fashioned dedication to customer satisfaction to created millions of hours of free time for our customers and even more magical moments for their families.
Behind the scenes? We come to work happy because magical people create magical moments. We always have our customer experience in mind as we continue to grow our business, and we take our employees experience just as seriously. We make sure our team members have the runway for growth, the feedback and transparency need to evolve in their professional development continuously and feel supported all the while doing incredible work.
We're seeking a superhero of epic proportions who is passionate about scaling businesses and will stop at nothing to build high quality, high performing teams and operations. This superhero will be their team's advocate. They will protect and nurture their team’s development and strategize to attract people who work hard. City Operations Directors are motivated, at their core, by building a business and do not need someone to tell them what to do every day. We’ll call this person a City Operations Director for all intents and purposes, but this person will be so much more. The City Operations Director is a business builder and the CEO of their market.
What You’ll Do:
- Report directly to our Head of Operations, indirectly to our CEO, and contribute to the success of 2ULaundry’s national expansion strategy.
- Directly accountable for the success of the Atlanta market, from inception to market domination. You will own the P&L statement and constantly make decisions that will be backed up by data and sound decisions making processes.
- Hire, manage, and lead a growing team to support the market.
- Ensure that our facilities are meeting our high standards for quality and consistency.
- Build a team culture centered around “quality in everything we do” and a high bar for superior customer experience and operational excellence.
- Operate in a highly independent work environment while working across business functions, interface with Corporate Operations, Customer Experience, Technology, and Product groups.
- Engage existing customers to make them fanatical about 2ULaundry and increase our viral coefficient
- Launch new local marketing initiatives/partnerships with aggressive month over month revenue and customer growth targets
What You’ll Bring:
- Have 3-5 years of experience thriving in a highly analytical and/or operational environment, and 2-3 years of demonstrable success in building, training, and managing teams.
- Demonstrate past business success that resulted from a high degree of attention to detail and operational excellence.
- Excel at working in cross-functional teams and have developed the ability to influence change without direct authority.
- Have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; you will communicate across a variety of audiences effectively and can use data to drive decision making and alignment.
- Self-starter who can power through ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment.
- Naturally curious; our best City Operations Directors take the road less traveled and find creative solutions that others haven't considered.
- Strong quantitative skills for analyzing the performance of operational processes and controls.
What You’ll Get:
- You will have the opportunity to be the CEO of a market, with full ownership over the success of the business unit while having the resources and support from a venture-backed corporate team.
- We are committed to professional development and can promise a fast-moving environment where you will be challenged daily.
- Competitive compensation and very early stock options
- Open Vacation Policy. Rest when you need it, rock when you don't
- We have built a high-caliber team and have a tight-knit, collaborative work environment.
- Heavily discounted laundry and dry cleaning (Now who doesn’t love that?).
2ULaundry is growing rapidly, and since launching in 2016, the company has raised over $3M in funding, voted Startup of the Year in 2016, voted Best B2C Startup of the Year - Atlanta in 2018, and an alumna of the globally-recognized Techstars Accelerator Program in Atlanta, GA. We are a collaborative team of 90 people across marketing, operations, customer experience, product, data, finance, and engineering. We have offices in Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, GA and rapidly growing!